Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Review: An Ember in the Ashes

An Ember in the Ashes An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wasn't too sure how I would end up liking this or not. The synopsis didn't sound like it was a bad book but at the same time It didn't seem to grab my attention right away like other books would. But I still had it on my TBR and when it was ava. I started it. And I was definitely surprised by this book. This is a book that you will really like or you won't. I found it to be easy to get into, the book is told from two points of view which are 2 main characters Laia & Elias who come from different backgrounds and are fighting for freedom in different ways. You have this big empire, slaves, soldiers, prisoners, and the resistance. This book puts you in ancient Rome but there wasn't a detailed description of that Rome empire IMO. So that was something I would have loved to know more about. I am definitely going to be reading the next book to see what happens next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment