Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Review: Good Mourning

Good Mourning Good Mourning by Elizabeth Meyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Before you decide to read this make sure you know this is a non-fiction memoir about Elizabeth Meyer and her working in a funeral home in upscale New York. So if are sensitive about death and what happens in funerals then you may want to stay away from this book. I however like to read books about death but not because I am morbid person in any way but because death has always been an interesting subject to me. I know for a lot of people it can be pretty scary or even considered to be a taboo. I actually found this read to be not only a little sad because of course let's face it, death is a sad thing to go through. But it was pretty funny as well, there were parts in her story that had me laughing a little bit and having one of those moments where you think you have heard it all until you do. So now you have and it's pretty crazy but true. Yeah it was a read like that. Elizabeth's book was very easy to get into, into her world and the things she had gone through and witnessed in a funeral home. I really enjoyed it a lot and I will continue to read books like this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment